So awhile back J and I made all 13 Disney princesses from her footprint (you can read all about them here). She immediately asked if we could also make all of the villains and princes from each story, but I vetoed her. It took like 10 seconds of her time for this project, while I had to paint all of the hair and embellishments. And since I majorly procrastinated doing that this project actually took a few weeks to complete.
Fast forward a few months and we were predicted to get several inches of snow in southern VA. I remember when 4 inches fell down here last winter school shut down for a week and a half so I wanted to be prepared just in case. I figured making the villains was an easy project that would make her happy and kill some time. I picked up a piece of poster board and we were ready! And thank goodness I did. We ended up getting about a foot of snow and school was out for 6 days. Projects were a necessity.
Last time I pretty much copied the princesses from a tutorial but this one was a bit more unique so I made them all up. I googled each villain before painting her foot so I knew exactly what they were wearing. I painted her foot, keeping the right side for all of the villains wearing black (which was about half) and the other side for any other colors. It turned out that I was out of red, which at the time I didn’t think was such a big deal. I had no idea how many villains wear red! I ended up just using a glitter paint that was sort of red and sort of pink and called it a day. They don’t need to be perfect.
I pushed her foot down on the posterboard for each villain. Let’s see if I can remember who’s who. Starting at the top left it goes: Ursula, Evil Queen, Lady Tremaine, Mother Gothel, Maleficent, Hans, Gaston, mess-up, mess-up, the bad guy from Tiana whose name I still don’t know (she doesn’t like that movie so I’ve only seen it once, haha), Shan Yu, Governor Ratcliffe, Jafar and Mordu.
The following day we embellished them. I did the hair and crowns while she added anything that was needed onto the clothing. Last time I didn’t let her help (not really sure why…) but this time she begged me to. She did a great job! Then I cut around them with speciality scissors and used a hole punch for holes in the tops and bottoms of each person. She divided them into 3 piles of 4, put them in the order she wanted them and picked out ribbon for each strand. I weaved the ribbon through the hole, connecting the four villains together. Here they are individually.
I cut another piece and made a loop to hang them up and voila, finished! We hung them up in between the princesses in her room.She hasn’t asked about the princes yet, but I’m sure it’s coming. Next time there’s a snowstorm we’ll work on those guys 😉